1. Attitude: Remember that your attitude influences everything in your practice. With each challenge, use your emotional intelligence.
2. Persistence: It takes most Top of the Table members 10 years or longer in the business to reach Top of the Table. Never give up.
3. Confidence: Nurture it, leverage it, borrow it from others. Most importantly, protect it. With confidence, just about anything is possible. Without it, you fail.
4. Prospect: Keep your prospecting antenna up and tuned in. The difference between an avrage sales person and a Top sales person is the quantity and quality of their prospects.
5. Education and experience: Make sure after 10 years of business, you haven’t repeated the same production each year. Build upon each experience. We need to be perpetual students to add value to our clients.
6. Physical health: Take good care of your body. Without physical health it is extremely challenging to succeed in this business.
7. Goals: Lifetime, yearly, monthly, weekly and especially daily goals will keep you focused and motivated. Put them in writing and share them with others.
8. Enthusiasm: Act enthusiastic and you will be enthusiastic. Make it a special habit to do this, especially when you don't feel like it.
9. Smile: It lifts your mood and the mood of others around you.
10. People: You win with people. Your clients, colleagues, suppliers and fellow association members are all members of your team. Take good care of them and they will take good care of you!